September 7, 2019 Money Matters Podcast
- Should I take Social Security right now? 6:50
- How can I avoid taxes on IRA distributions? 14:21
- Successful savers will be taxed on Social Security. 24:01
- Should I buy an annuity? 27:10
- Scott’s encounter with Bernie Sanders. 39:02
- A so-called tactical investment strategy. 42:08
- Who should I choose as my executor? 47:04
Bernie Sanders meets Scott.
On this week’s Allworth’s Money Matters, Scott and Pat discuss why tax planning in your fifties can save you money down the road. Scott also tells the story of his chance encounter with Bernie Sanders.
Scott and Pat advise a man who has a $120,000 per year pension about when he should take Social Security. A caller has $50,000 in IRAs and wants to avoid taxes on her distributions. A man with $3 million saved is considering an annuity. A risk-inclined caller asks about “tactical allocations.” Finally, a woman asks who she should choose to be the executor of her will.