2021 Scholarship Info
Special Information: Due to the pandemic and school closures experienced across the region, we have extended our 2021 deadline to April 30th. Submissions by email are accepted – please email completed packets to Kristian.Taylor@allworthfinancial.com
About the Allworth Financial Scholarship
The Allworth Financial Scholarship (previously the Houston Asset Management Charitable Foundation Scholarship) was created with the intent to award scholarships to deserving students within the Greater Houston Metro districts pursuing a degree in a business field such as economics, finance, investing, accounting, marketing, or business administration. The scholarship totals $10,000 payable in $2,500 increments over the next four years and includes a conditional internship opportunity between the student’s junior and senior years.
Criteria for Application
To be eligible to apply for the Allworth Financial Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a college-bound, graduating senior and attend a high school within the Greater Houston Metro Districts.
- Planning to enroll as a full-time student in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited higher education institution in the fall semester. The institution must be able to receive the scholarship funding directly from the scholarship source on your behalf.
- Majoring in a business field such as economics, finance, investments, accounting, financial planning, management, or marketing.
How to Apply
The application window opens January 2nd. We must receive your full application packet by April 30th, 2021. Your packet must contain the following items:
- Scholarship application with stated career objectives (click here for application).
- High school transcript containing requested 12th grade year information.
- Copy of college entrance exam scores (ACT or SAT) if available. (Note: Due to the pandemic, many colleges are waiving ACT/SAT requirement for 2021 graduating seniors.)
- Resume (no longer than 2 pages).
- Essay on the topic: Based on your own, or those of an influential person in your life, describe what tools, beliefs, or qualities you will need for financial success. (Your essay length should be one single-spaced page to a maximum of two single-spaced pages.)
Please return all required materials to the following:
Attn: Scholarship Committee
1800 West Loop South, Ste 1980
Houston, TX 77027
Or by Email to Kristian.Taylor@allworthfinancial.com
Application Review Process
In May, the Scholarship Committee will begin reviewing applications. Four finalists will be selected to interview with our Scholarship Committee. If a finalist is unable to attend the interview, that finalist will forfeit his/her application and the committee will select another student to interview.
After the interviews have been completed, the Scholarship Committee will make its decision and notify the recipient the following day. It is the intention of the Scholarship Committee to award the scholarship to a deserving high school senior by May 30th prior to graduation.
The amount of the scholarship granted will total $10,000, which will be dispersed in $2,500 increments over four consecutive years. The winning student is required to maintain at least a 2.75 GPA to receive each subsequent year’s payment. By August 1st of each year, the recipient will need to provide the committee an official college transcript from the previous school year.
Checks will be made payable to the college or university for the benefit of the winning college student. Each payment will be made at the beginning of the school year. An opportunity for an internship between the student’s junior and senior years is also conditionally offered.
Allworth Financial employees, clients, and immediate family members of employees or clients are ineligible to participate.
Please do not include photos or items beyond those requested for basis of selection, as application packages will not be returned. All applications received are treated in a confidential manner, and the personal information included will be used for scholarship purposes only.
If you have any questions, please contact Kristian Taylor at (713) 629-1534 or email at Kristian.Taylor@allworthfinancial.com