AW Securities is a Registered Broker-Dealer, member FINRA/SIPC. AW Securities is securities licensed in 50 states and this website is published in the United States for residents of the United States only. Products and services mentioned in this website may not be available in all states. To request a prospectus or information, contact AW Securities or your advisor. AW Securities is not soliciting business in any international jurisdictions. The home offices of AW Securities and Allworth Financial are located in Sacramento, California. The information and opinions on this site, provided by third parties, have been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. It is given for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell. This information is not intended to be used as the primary basis for investment decisions, nor should it be considered as advice designed to meet the specific needs of an individual investor. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice, or other content. Advisory services are provided by Allworth Financial, an SEC Registered Investment Advisory Firm. Information about those services may be reviewed in the Allworth Financial form ADV, Part 2. Contact your advisory associate for the current form. AW Securities and Allworth Financial are not banks, and the products offered involve risks including possible loss of principal, and may fluctuate in value. Allworth Financial are not directly compensated by commissions. They are compensated through a base salary plus incentive program. Linked sites are not under the control of AW Securities or Allworth Financial and AW Securities or Allworth Financial are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites.
Allworth Financial Group, including its affiliates, Allworth Financial, LP and Hanson McClain Retirement Network, LLC (dba AW Securities) (collectively, “Allworth,” “we” or “our”) has developed this Business Continuity Plan (“BCP”) to ensure that we are able to respond to emergencies or other significant business disruptions and meet our existing obligations to customers.
Allworth’s Chief Operations Officer is primarily responsible for ensuring that the BCP is appropriate to the scale and scope of our business and for implementing and maintaining it, including through annual reviews.
How to Contact Us
If, due to a significant disruption in our business, you can contact us at (800) 482-2196, (916) 787-4565, or email@example.com. If you cannot reach Allworth through these means, please use the contact information for your custodian (e.g. TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab, Fidelity) or mutual fund/annuity company where your account is held.
You can also visit www.allworthfinancial.com where the BCP disclosure, including any updated information, is located at the bottom of the page, listed under Disclosures, Business Continuity Plan.
How to Contact Custodial FirmsIf you cannot reach Allworth and you have a fee-based advisory or brokerage account held at one of the custodial firms listed below, please contact the custodial firm directly for assistance with accessing your account(s) or to place trades.
|Custodian Name||Contact Info|
|Fidelity Institutional Wealth Services||(866) 658-2299|
|TD Ameritrade||(866) 451-1257 (Option 9, ext.500253)|
|Charles Schwab||(877) 707-1961|
Assets Held with Fund Sponsor
If you hold assets directly with a mutual fund or variable annuity company (a “Fund Sponsor”), please contact that company (e.g.: American Funds, Franklin-Templeton, Putnam, Jackson-National, Allianz, etc.) directly for instructions on how to access your account(s), place trades or process any other account maintenance or servicing needs. Contact information for the Fund Sponsor can usually be found on the monthly or quarterly statement sent to you by the Fund Sponsor or custodian of your account assets.
Our Business Continuity Plan
Our BCP is designed to permit Allworth to resume operations as quickly as possible according to the scope and severity of the business disruption.
Our BCP addresses: data backup and recovery; mission critical systems; financial and operational assessments; alternate means of communication with clients, employees, and regulators; alternate locations for employees; impact on critical suppliers, contractors, custodians and other third parties; regulatory reporting; and assuring our customers prompt access to their account(s) if we are unable to continue our business without interruption.
We have reviewed and continue to monitor the business continuity plans of third-party custodians and service providers to ensure that each third party has reasonable policies and procedures in place to restore operations as quickly as possible to prevent any interruptions with placing trades, processing distributions, accepting new funds, or otherwise protecting client data and funds.
Current business continuity plans for our primary custodians can be found by following the links listed below:
- TD Ameritrade: Disclosures | TD Ameritrade
- Charles Schwab: Business continuity and contingency planning | Charles Schwab
- Fidelity: Business Continuity - Fidelity
How We Prepare for Significant Business Disruptions of Varying Scope
Business disruptions vary in scope. A business disruption can vary from minor to significant. A business disruption can affect Allworth only, specific technology that we use or a facility, neighborhood, city, or region in which we operate.
If Allworth experiences a significant business disruption that effects only our operations of a single facility through which we operate, we will, whenever possible, transfer operations to another location while we investigate, with the objective of recovering and resuming operations within one business day. While Allworth is experiencing a disruption in its business, we will post update notices at www.allworthfinancial.com or make information available through our customer emergency number, (800) 482-2196. If the significant business disruption prevents us from continuing business operations, our clients will be able to access their account(s) by contacting the appropriate custodian for the account or, as applicable, the Fund Sponsor, for clients of AW Securities, Allworth’s registered broker dealer.
Our BCP is periodically tested and reviewed as we deem necessary to address changes in our technology, operations, or structure.
Updates to our Business Continuity Plan
Our BCP is subject to modification as we deem appropriate. When we update our BCP, an updated business continuity statement will be promptly posted on www.allworthfinancial.com, making it available for clients and the public.
For More InformationIf you have questions about our business continuity planning or would like us to mail you a copy of this notice, please contact us at (800) 482-2196 or firstname.lastname@example.org with "Business Continuity Plan Disclosure" listed in the subject line.
Last Updated: January 30, 2023
IF YOU ARE OUR “CUSTOMER”: please see our Customer Notice of Privacy Practices. You are our customer if you are an individual who has a continuing relationship with Allworth through an advisory or brokerage account.
California Notice at Collection of Personal Information: Please see “Information We Collect and Why We Collect It” below for an overview of what information we collect and why, and our California Privacy Notice below for information about how to exercise your privacy rights, including opting-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
The information Allworth collects from or about you depends on how you use the Site and our services. The three main categories of personal information that we collect are:
- Information that you provide to Allworth
- We collect name, address, email address and telephone number when you sign up to receive our newsletters, updates and checklists, register to attend one of our workshops or other events, when you fill out a form to schedule a consultation for financial or tax advice, when you use our online tools and resources and when you create an account.
- When you submit a request for a consultation with one of our professionals, we collect information about your retirement savings and other information you choose to provide us. Information we collect may include but is not limited to: income; account balances; transaction history; assets; investment experience; account transactions; risk tolerance; medical-related debts; credit card or other debt; mortgage rates and payments; retirement assets; checking account information; employment information; and wire transfer instructions.
- When you use our tax preparation services, we collect the information that you give us to prepare your tax returns.
- When you apply for a job at https://www.allworthfinancial.com/careers (https://www.allworthfinancial.com/careers), we collect your contact information, professional certifications information and other information you choose to provide in your resume or CV.
- Information collected from third parties
From time to time, we may collect personal information about you from third-party sources, such as marketing services vendors that help us identify individuals who may be interested in learning more about our Site and services and to supplement personal information we already have about you, such as when we acquire a contact list from data aggregators and from publicly-available sources so that we can better understand who is interested in our Site and services.
- Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information about use of the Site from the computer or mobile device you use to visit the Site. Some of this automatically collected information is personal information. The information that we automatically collect includes information about how your computer or device interacts with our Site, including the date, time, search requests and results, webpages accessed and links clicked; IP address, device type and identification number, browser type, internet service provider, operating system and other technical information. We use this automatically collected information to better understand how our Site is used so that we can improve it and develop new features, such as by to measuring the number of unique visitors to the different sections of our Site, to understand how people Find our Site and to help us make our Site and marketing more useful. We also use this information to detect and block fraudulent use of the Site and to deliver advertising. Some of this information is automatically collected using cookies and other data tracking technology, as described below.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants and information security and forensics experts;
- Marketing vendors that help promote Allworth and communication about our offerings and from time to time supplement personal information that we already have;
- Our vendors and suppliers to enable them to work for us. For example:
- When necessary to complete a transaction in a customer account or provide other engaged services, such as with the clearing firm, account custodians or software vendors;
- Providing account servicing and maintenance and customer service;
- Auditing consumer interaction on our Site;
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent illegal activity;
- Bug detection and error reporting;
- Customizing content on the Site; and
- Improving our existing services and website experience, including to perform data analytics and test, monitor, secure and enable the Site and Allworth’s services.
- Competent law enforcement, government regulators, courts or other third parties when we believe disclosure is necessary (i) to comply with law, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect the vital interests of you or a third party;
- Potential or actual acquirers or investors and their professional advisers in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition or investment in or of all or any part of our business, including with or without notice. This includes consumer non-public personal information as set forth in §248.15 of Regulation S-P;
- Our affiliates; and
- Any other third party, with your permission.
Sharing Nonpublic Personal and Financial Information
Allworth is committed to the protection and privacy of its customers’ and consumers’ personal and financial information. We will not share such information with any other affiliated companies or any nonaffiliated third party except:
- When required to maintain or service a customer account;
- To resolve customer disputes or inquiries;
- With persons acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity on behalf of the customer;
- With rating agencies, persons assessing compliance with industry standards, or to the attorneys, accountants and auditors of the firm;
- In connection with a sale or merger of Allworth or its affiliated entities;
- To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, identity theft, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability;
- To comply with federal, state or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements;
- In connection with a written agreement to provide investment management or advisory services when the information is released for the sole purpose of providing the products or services covered by the agreement;
- In any circumstances with the customer’s instruction or consent; or
- Pursuant to any other exceptions enumerated in the California Financial Information Privacy Act.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Allworth uses technical, physical and administrative safeguards intended to protect the personal information that we collect from and about you. Our safeguards are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information and include (as applicable) measures to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and a procedure for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of personal information. We restrict access to information employees and other approved third parties working on our behalf who have a specific business purpose to access that information.
We may suspend your use of all or part of our Site without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
If we become aware of a breach that affects the security of your personal information, we will provide you with notice as required by applicable law. When permitted by applicable law, we will provide this notice to you through the email address you used to communicate with us.
We retain personal information for as long we have a legitimate business need to do so, such as to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements. When we no longer have a legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize your personal information. If we cannot delete or anonymize your personal information, then we will segregate and securely store your personal information until deletion or anonymization is possible. Once we anonymize your personal information, it is no longer personal information. We use anonymized data subject to applicable law.
If you have any questions regarding the safeguarding of your nonpublic personal and financial information, please contact our Compliance Department at 340 Palladio Parkway, Suite 501, Folsom, California, 95630.
Your Rights as a Florida Resident
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 45 days from the date you received our privacy notice. When you are no longer our customer, we may continue to share your information as described in this policy. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing and to restrict online marketing and direct mail.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
This California Privacy Notice applies to the processing of Personal Information of residents of the U.S. State of California who are not our “customers” as defined in “Introduction” above (“California Consumers”) as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). In this California Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information that 1) identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California Consumer or household, and that 2) is not collected, processed, sold, or disclosed subject to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act Act (Public Law 106-102) (GLBA), and implementing regulations, or the California Financial Information Privacy Act (CFIPA).
If you are a California Consumer, this California Privacy Notice explains your privacy rights and is intended to inform you at or before the time that you provide us with your Personal Information how and why we process your Personal Information.
Your California Consumer Privacy Rights
- Right to Know: You have the right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to delete Personal Information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Correct: You have the right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we may maintain about you, subject to appropriate verification.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information: You have the right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information, as such terms are defined under California privacy law, to third parties and to affiliated companies that do not share the same brand name. This means that, if you opt-out, going forward, we will not sell or share your Personal Information with such third parties to use for their purposes, including cross-context behavioral advertising, unless you later direct us to do so.
- Right to Notice of Financial Incentive: If we offer a financial incentive or price or service difference in exchange for your Personal Information, we will notify you in advance before collecting your Personal Information for this purpose and explain how you can opt-in to the financial incentive or price or service difference.
How to Submit a Request
To take advantage of your right to know, delete, or correct under California privacy law, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (844) 946-0514, or by using the How to Contact Us section below. We may request certain information to verify your identity before we can respond to your access, deletion, and correction requests. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
Because we may “sell” or “share” Personal Information, as these terms are defined under California privacy law, you can take advantage of your right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of Personal Information by clicking on the Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information link which also is on our website footer or email us at email@example.com. We will work to comply with your opt-out request within 15 business days. You may also opt-out of the sale or sharing of Personal Information by choosing to enable online, where available, a universal tool that automatically communicates your opt-out preferences, such as the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”). We will process the GPC signal as a request to opt-out.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised your rights under this section.
We may not honor part or all of your request — for example, certain information we collect may be exempt from this California Privacy Notice, such as information collected, processed, sold, or disclosed subject to the GLBA, and implementing regulations or the CFIPA, public information made available by a government entity or information covered by another privacy law.
A different California law permits California residents to request a notice disclosing the categories of Personal Information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. At this time, Allworth does not share Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Other Opt-Out Provisions
To opt-out of receiving our direct mailers, you may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (888) 242-6766 or send a written request to 340 Palladio Parkway, Suite 501, Folsom, California, 95630. We will honor those requests, but please understand it may take several days for these mailings to end.
You may authorize someone to make a privacy rights request on your behalf (an authorized agent). Authorized agents will need to demonstrate that you’ve authorized them to act on your behalf or must demonstrate they have power of attorney pursuant to applicable probate law. Allworth retains the right to request confirmation directly from you confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request, or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent is prohibited from using a consumer’s Personal Information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
Data Protection Disclosures
|Category of Personal Information listed in CCPA||Examples of Personal Information in CCPA Category that Allworth Collects||Why Allworth Collects this Personal Information|
Name, postal address, telephone number, email address, unique identifier, Internet Protocol address, account name, and similar identifiers.
Social security number, driver’s license number or passport number.
Insurance policy number, education, employment history, medical information, or health insurance information.
We collect your name, telephone number(s), email address(-es) and contact address when you create an account, an account is created for you or you complete a transaction.
We collect your IP address and your Device ID automatically.
We also collect this Personal Information
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||Name, signature, address, telephone number and current employer and work address.||
We collect your name, telephone number(s), email address(-es) and contact address when you create an account, an account is created for you or you complete a transaction.
We collect your IP address and your Device ID automatically.
We also collect this Personal Information
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Information about legally-protected classifications, including race, national origin, citizenship, marital status, gender, sexual orientation/identity, medical condition, AIDS/HIV status, genetic information, military or veteran status, religion, disability, political affiliations or activities or status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking.||We collect certain information directly from you about protected classification characteristics in order to facilitate the opening of your accounts as well as complete your financial plan.|
|D. Commercial information||Records products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||We collect information through automated means and create records of the services purchased or considered, as well as your purchasing history in order to provide you with the services that you have purchased and to offer other products that may be useful to you.|
|E. Biometric information||Information about your physiological, biological or behavioral characteristics.||[None]|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a California Consumer’s interaction with online services and digital advertisements.||We collect information about your browsing history, search history and information regarding your interaction with customer portals, websites, applications or advertisements automatically when you use our site and services.|
|G. Geolocation data||Physical location or movements from GPS, WiFi and/or Bluetooth (when a device's operating system settings allow collection).||We collect your IP address automatically. We may be able to determine your general location based on the IP address.|
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information.||Recorded telephone calls and photographs.||
If you contact us via telephone, we may record the telephone call. We will notify you if a call is being recorded at the beginning of the telephone call. We do not collect any thermal, olfactory or similar information.
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Depending on how and why you use the Site or Services, we may collect information about your current employer who or that is a customer or prospective customer and||
We may use information from you about your position and your current employer (who or that is the customer or prospective customer) to understand more about you in order to provide you with relevant information to promote our products and services, to deliver advertising, some of which is targeted based on your online activity and inferred interests, and to communicate with you.
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. § 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||We do collect information about the institutions you have attended or the level of education you have attained.||We may use information you provide to us about your education, institutions you have attended or the level of education you have attained in order to help build your client profile and financial plan.|
|K. Inferences drawn from other categories (A.-L. above) to create a profile about a California Consumer||Profile reflecting your preferences and characteristics.||
|L. Sensitive personal information||Social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, race, religion, sexual orientation, medical condition, AIDS/HIV status, and genetic information.||
We collect this sensitive personal information:
We collect certain sensitive personal information directly from you in order to facilitate the opening of your accounts as well as complete your financial plan.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for Business Purposes
As relevant to the requests noted above, in the last 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose to support the purposes for which Allworth uses Personal Information described above under “Information We Collect and Why We Collect it” (such as with our service providers who are restricted from using your Personal Information outside the scope of their services for us):
- Identifiers disclosed to our Account Custodian and Portfolio Management service providers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute disclosed to our Account Custodians and Portfolio Management service providers.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law disclosed to our Account Custodians and Portfolio Management service providers.
- Professional or employment-related information disclosed to our Account Custodians and Portfolio Management service providers.
- Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act disclosed to our Account Custodians and Portfolio Management service providers.
- Sensitive personal information disclosed to our Account Custodians and Portfolio Management service providers.
Additional detail on the business purposes for which we disclose Personal Information is provided above under “How We Share Personal Information.”
Categories of Personal Information Sold or Shared
In the last 12 months, we have not sold or shared (as defined under California privacy law) any categories of Personal Information.
Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information.
To the extent that we collect, use, or share “sensitive personal information” as that term is defined under California privacy law, we limit our use or disclosure of the sensitive personal information for permitted business purposes such as marketing, promotional and other offers.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For all other inquiries, please contact: email@example.com or 916-482-2196
- E-mail communication and any of its accompanying document(s) are confidential and privileged. They are intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you receive an e-mail transmission in error, you are advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance upon the communication is strictly prohibited. If you received an e-mail in error, please contact our office at (800) 482-2196. Thank you.
- Trading instructions sent via e-mail will not be honored. If you need to place a trade to buy or sell securities, please contact the main office at (800) 482-2196 and ask to speak with your financial planner.
- Please be advised that communications regarding trades in your account are for information purposes only. You should continue to rely on confirmations and statements received from the custodian(s) of your assets.
FINRA BrokerCheck is a free online tool to help investors check the professional background of current and former FINRA-registered securities firms and brokers. For questions regarding BrokerCheck, or to request an Investor Brochure, FINRA provides a toll-free hotline, (800) 289-9999, available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m., Eastern Time. This research tool can be found online at FINRA.